Thursday, October 27, 2005

Well, now I've gone and done it

When I got home yesterday the house was cold, so I decided to turn on the heat just to get the chill off. Also there was the pee spot in the livingroom, so I made a bucket of soapy water and mopped the livingroom, hall, spare room and kitchen. Then I decided to use Bud's suggestion and sprinkle red pepper on Shirley's favorite areas to pee. Couldn't find my big thing of red pepper, so decided to sprinkle Cajun seasoning spice. Did. Well, one of her favorite spots is in the hall in front of the air intake register for the heat/air conditioner and of course, with the heat on, the Cajun spice was sucked right in! The house smelled wonderful, but it also caused the alarm system to go nuts. The damn thing had chirped every 20 seconds since 5pm yesterday and I can't make it stop. It's so loud that I can hear it in every room even with doors closed. Called Mother, but they were out partying, so I left a message. Didn't hear from her, so called at 7am today. She couldn't remember the code to stop it, but did make several suggestions, none of which worked. I think that when I get home from work today I'll get my screwdriver out and dismantle the damn thing...it's not connected to any place, just using electricity and chirping. House still smells good though.

Also, for weeks the clocks in the house have really been weird. They gain time, lose time and even stop and restart. This includes the clock on the computer monitor. Don't know what causing that, but it sure is annoying!


Works going well, this week has zooped by.

Gotta get ready to go in.

No comments: