Saturday, October 29, 2005

Because of Winn Dixie

Loved the movie!

This afternoon at Winn Dixie I remembered putting the packing slip from the controversal t-shirt order in a read-me position in my printer before I left last Friday (last week, not this Friday). I also remember showing it to him on Monday and he said not to worry about it, it was coming from another plant. I had a sticky note on it saying to remember to show it to the boss.

Got a retractable leash for Shirley at Dollar General for $5.00. She likes the additional roaming room, but the sound the leash makes as she returns to me scares her to death! What a woose! Also got some puppy training pads. I've put one over her favorite spot...she'll probable just find another favorite spot.

Paid the phone bill today (the last of the Orlando calls) and did just a little grocery shopping ($39.00). Got the water bill today and I don't have anything left. Gotta do something.

Oh, last night the chirper was still going strong when I got home from work. So I got the ladder out and the screwdriver and thought I'd just totally disconnect the alarm thingy. Well, I set up the ladder and was standing over the alarm and it chirped...but it wasn't the alarm. My hearing is so bad with high pitched sounds and I had a lot of trouble locating it. Above the alarm box (14"-16" above) is a box that looks like an old doorbell chime. So I stood on the ladder and focused on that box until the chirp happened again, and it wasn't that box. Now believe me, I'd looked and looked for something else and not found anything and was looking again while standing on the ladder and it chirped again. The sound came from the ceiling just inside the hall from the living room...it WAS a smoke alarm (didn't know I had one). I had to stand on the very top of the ladder to reach it (I'm 5'1") and couldn't unscrew it. So I had to get down, get glasses and go back up. There was a little plastic pin-type thing stopping it from unscrewing. Got it out and opened it and, yep, there was a, 9v battery which I immediately shatched out and the damn thing shut up!!!!! Thank goodness! Got a battery, actually a two pack for $1.99 at the Dollar General, and replace the thing today. The funny thing is, tonight is the night "they" recommend you replace your smoke alarm batteries! Is that a hoot or what?

I know Bud is busy (maybe on his way to Idaho) and doesn't have a phone, but I sure wish to hear from him. It's been so nice feeling he was close, but now not being able to "reach out and touch" makes him less close.

Bought a jug of wine today. Cheap, but not bad.

No comments: