Saturday, October 29, 2005

Long cord fever

Okay, I've been dippin' in the jug a bit, so what ever this turns out to be is the cyber equivalent of ages ago "long cord fever".

Shirley and I just came in. "They" said our best viewing of Mars wouldn't be until 9:24 tonight. "They also said he'd be quite yellow. Well, "they" are not totally correct. I could see Mars coming up a while ago right between the trees on the east side of the yard. He has a reddish cast and is quite large. He's storming through the trees like the warrior he is. It's very clear outside now and Mars is very clear and quite beautiful!

I found it hard to believe that there were still Orlando calls on the 'phone bill, but there were 3. Maybe 1010987 is delayed.

My angst about Helen is wanting to dominate my mind. Wish I could cry.

The stuff with the boss is really bugging me. What in the Sam Hill am I supposed to do? I can't be without a job, couldn't be afloat an entire month. The eggs and cat food won't last long (2 weeks max). I've lost a ton of weight lately...rice and eating the same burger for both lunch and supper...well, you know what that's like. Thank God I have a roof. I'll keep that even if I don't have water or electricity. These are supposed to be the start of my "Golden Years", wow!

The squirrels are eating/gnawing the antlers on the deer skull on the pecan tree in the back yard. I thought perhaps someone was sneaking into the yard and sawing them off for handles of things. But, Bud said it was squirrels and it is, I've seem them bunches lately. Don't know what to do, Mother said "run at them"...we can all see that happening!

Just how long does cooked fish keep? I never finished the mullet from the Am. Legion fish fry. That was Friday a week ago. Still have lots, haven't eaten it since the day I got it. Wonder if I refried it would it be okay. I'm a little hungry tonight but don't want to cook and there isn't anything to eat that doesn't need to be cooked.

Drat...

No comments: