Thursday, October 27, 2005

A productive day!

Another crisp day. Love it...wore one of my flannel shirts to work today and it felt like such an old, comfortable friend! I felt "good in my skin" today.

One day earlier I cut some magnetic material down to little 2ish"x4"pieces and the boss asked me to apply vinyl to them. Enjoyed it and did quite well except that I grabbed the wrong size for one of them, but it still looked good. He said it was okay. I've caught a few shirts and done a few other odds and ends and enjoy the change so much. Of course, I'm still doing the office, but the other is fun too! I'm checking out pad printing prices on pens, mugs and golf balls right now...you know how much I love catalogs!

Got home and the damn alarm thing is still chirping...every 20 seconds (I timed it). Of course it's almost friendly now, kinda like having a bird that doesn't poop! Anyway, everyone I talked to today about it (all male) seemed to think "Poor little woman, she's an idiot". The very first question from each was "did you hit the reset button?"...DUH! Then the consensus was it must be a battery back-up that needs replacing. So when I got home today the first thing I did was unscrew the face plate (whoever painted last used wood screws to put the plate back on!) and lo and behold! There ain't no battery! Just electronic circuits. So now what?

Shirley and I spent an hour and a half in the yard tonight. I used the wheelbarrow and cleaned up all of the debris the winds littered the yard with and got out to the street with it and guess what? they picked up my other pile today! So now I'm starting a new one. Boy, the ants are bad! The entire yard seems to be one giant ant bed! Got a few really good bites.

Saw a car stopped for speeding (I guess) right out front tonight. They really do speed on this section of the road. A little further down it's too bumpy, I'm a block out too far.

Gotta go feed the bird.

No comments: