Wednesday, October 05, 2005

This time I've got a funny feeling

Well, this storm thing is for the birds! Not only is tropical storm Tammy coming ashore almost due west (140 miles west of me) of Monticello, but as of now she's moving WNW. The news said a minute ago that best case senereo (spell check has absolutely no idea what I'm saying, so is no help with the spelling, hope you know what I'm saying) we can expect extreme

rain, high gusting winds and possible tornados. AND, there this really big system (they're calling it a large storm) in the Gulf that is also moving this way, it's moving NE. They are both due at the same time, but they say that Saturday could be quite nice, maybe even cool. Hum, wonder if they meant "hip" or chilly?

My spirits have been lifted considerably by an aside I heard the boss make to a customer today. They had asked me to duplicate some tickets for a fish fry that had been misprinted and to correct the mistake and make 300 of them. So with a quick call to the boss's wife because I was having trouble stacking them (the lines were centered) and she's really good with both Word and Excel. She told me a quick fix and I got the job done (including cutting the pages down into individual tickets) before the feller left. When I handed them to him, the man thanked me and as I walked away he said to the boss "If you ever let her go let me know I'd hire her on the spot." and the boss replied "Yeah, she's good.". I needed that.

Got hurricane supplies after work. A head of lettuce, three beautiful home-grown tomatoes and a red bell pepper all for $1.99! This was at the little farmers market down the street. Lately I've been eating the stock of supplies I have on hand, so my larder isn't that well stocked, but I could still get by for a while with what I've got. And I've got 5 1-gal. containers of water and some small ones too.All of the bags of ICE that I froze for the last storm are still in the freezer along with some single servings of a good coffee that I froze for the last one. Have candles, batteries and a small bag of charcoal and lighter fluid and matches. Somewhere in the dark recesses of the "spare room/work room" are a couple of tarps and I do have part of a box of good large garbage bags. Have an upholstery stapler and staples and Duck tape.

Shirley says she need to go out. Might be a good idea while there a lull in the on going showers.

No comments: