Sunday, October 23, 2005

The tickle in the back of my mind...

...must be guilt from doing very little yesterday. Intended to sleep in, the tickle and I got up at 5:30. Intended to get on-line early yet the tickle had me outside moving bricks and we only got on line after cooking and eating lunch and cleaning up the kitchen, too! As long as the tickle doesn't want me to paint the house or something we'll get along just fine.

It's nice outside today. There's a constant light breeze and it's cool. I wore a sweater over my t-shirt during the entire brick moving episode.

Shirley and I were outside this morning several times before I was ready to go out for a stay. So, when we finally chained out to the far yard chain, we were ready for a stay. Well, since the weather's changed and the sunlight is shorter, there's not much to weed ...and that's one of my favorite chores! So, while Shirley milled around I looked around for something to do. You know, something little. Spotted the brick pile on the west side of the yard and thought I'd move a few to the eave drip off of the carport. Well, for three trips I carried 5 at a time by hand and didn't make a dent in the pile and I was beginning to feel a little pooped so I took a coffee break. Sat on the patio thinking about how little I'd accomplished. Then the light bulb (bub) went off ...THE WHEELBARROW. It took 5 heavy loads to get them all moved, and I laid them as I moved each load. Covered an area from the carport to the air conditioner, looks like an Esher! Put the grill on a level spot and it doesn't look half bad. At some point I intend to level the area and dig the bricks in but for now, I'm pleased.

Wilma has turned ENE is what I think the radio (NPR) said. She sure is taking her own sweet time. And would you believe it Alpha has formed. She's a step below hurricane, but expected to strengthen to hurricane force. Then when Wilma passes over Florida and out into the Atlantic Alpha is expected to join Wilma. Haven't heard what that marriage is supposed to produce. That'll be interesting.

No comments: