Monday, October 10, 2005

On the deep ocean floor venting

Wow! I felt I was pushing my luck with the boss. I took in a very small job (2 names on 2 each t-shirts) while I was staying an hour late today...actually he'd said when he left it'd be 15 minutes, but it was over 50 minutes! Was almost 5:30 when I left. Anyway, when he got in I showed him the four shirts and showed him the order I'd written up (it was for two law enforcement types...he usually wants to do that sort of thing) and his fuse detonated! He said (and I know he thinks he said it calmly) "Do you know how to do this?", I thought he meant price it out and said no. Well, then he went on a rather quiet rampage, but his eyes and face were nasty. Started saying how it wasn't worth his while and it'd take two screens (well, I know damn good and well that it would only take one screen and he uses vellum for his positives and runs them off on the computer and that's no big deal) and that I should have said check with him later and I could call them in the morning and say he wouldn't do the job. I gathered my purse and said "See you in the morning." and left. It's almost 2 hours later and I'm still stupid and angry. Maybe not in that order. Stupid because I expected a different reaction from him, he is an adult, and angry because of how he was and the way I let it affect me.

I got stupid back cramps on my way to CVS to pick up my prescription, got home and had forgotten cat treats and we've been out for a few days (I've been substituting them for Brewer's Yeast...been out of that for weeks). So I went up to the corner quicky market thing and the don't carry any cat treats, so I went to the IGA and they don't carry any either! What do these poor cats in town do? But IGA did have one bottle of cat vitamins ($3.55), so I bought it. Got home opened the bottle of vitamins and shook it. Mercy and Shirley came running (in that order), no Goodness. So I called out "Goodness" quite loudly and that cat actually came skidding around the corner! I never knew he knew his name! They weren't crazy about them, but they ate them.

Gotta go heat planned-overs.

No comments: