Monday, October 17, 2005

Well, now it's Wilma

Once more the Gulf states are being alerted that we have a potentially major storm on the way that we can expect for the coming weekend (wonder why they always arrive for the weekend). Wilma has already been named and is on her way into the very warm Gulf waters. Our local tv news said this morning that she's expected to be a "big one". What a way to start a Monday!

I astounded myself yesterday! That's always fun. I swept, Swiffered and vacuumed, clean bathrooms, did laundry, got my bedroom put back together, dusted and did a lot of general puttering. Sure looks better. I'm only sorry I'd not gotten it all done before Bud got here, 'course I wasn't expecting him.

Mother called late Saturday and wanted Bud and me to meet them for lunch. I ended up handing the phone to him so he could explain that he had to get back to Apalachicola, he has work today. She was really put out. How dare anyone mess up plans SHE makes. Thought about it later, I could have gone, but wasn't invited without Bud!

It's down right chilly this morning! Love it!

One of the things that Bud did that has really made a BIG difference was to move the tall (crappy) bookcase from the "work" room into my room. The back was floppy and he reattached it for me, too. Yesterday I got the majority of my books on the shelves. Feels good and looks good to have them in one place, off of the floor. I still need to go back and organize and categorize them, but what a difference this is!

Having the bookcase out of the "work" room frees up a lot of space, too. I had to shove and shuffle boxes to get the shelves out and now can open the closet doors! Yeah! First step in getting all of that straightened out.

Big article with questions and answers about the bird flu in this mornings paper. I read it with great interest and realized when I finished that it was just placating pap. No real answers, 'course there may not really be any answers. I was thinking after reading the nonsense that this anticipated pandemic could be the "Rapture" in another guise. Give that a thought.

No comments: