Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A lovely little tea

A few week ago I ran into a wonderful deal at Ross. A tin of Bentley's Lemon Tea...Pure Ceylon Tea from the mountains along the Equator. There grows an evergreen shrub with 5 petal blossoms, which resemble wild white roses. Legend has it that as far back as 2737 B.C. Emperor Chen Nug of China used to boil the leaves of this remarkable shrub in water and drank the infusion - thus beginning the ceremonious art of drinking tea. It then quickly spread to Japan and eventually to England and all of Europe. That, of course, was straight from the tin! As I sit here at the computer I have a mug of this aromatic tea that is too hot yet to sip, but the frangrance is amazing! I rather forgot about the tea after I bought it and only rediscovered it last night...it took forever to get the tin opened but once I did I found two sealed foil packets of tea bags...25 to a packet. I really lucked into this, as I only paid $2.99 for the entire tin which breaks down to less than six cents a bag! I'll bet the house would smell wonderful if I sat hot bowls of this everywhere! Oh! that first sip is fantastic!

The weather today had been quite odd. Terribly overcast and dark interspersed with bright sunshine and then occasional 3 minute torrents of rain! It's blowing and dark right now.

No comments: