Sunday, October 30, 2005

A very nice Sunday

Today has been one of those laid back Sundays that don't really happen that often. It's not that I've not done anything, I have, it's just the day felt soft. No issues that had to be dealt with today, nothing that absolutely had to get done. Did laundry, took the garbage to the street, cleaned my bathroom (and shower!), Shirley and I took the Sprint bill to the post office, did litter boxes and swept the kitchen and side porch, read the newspaper and just puttered. Feel-good day!

Mother called. She's obsessed with getting an address. Once she latches on to one of these needs she's ruthless! Told her that I'd let her know if I found the address. Then she went into a rather ugly bashing of her step-daughter and step-son-in-law. Said she didn't like them, so I said "they probably don't like you either.". Without skipping a beat she replied "Oh, of course they do, I'm charming. Everyone thinks I'm charming.". Oh, gag!

There was a quote by David Trueblood in Fridays newspaper: "It takes a noble man to plant the tree that will some day give shade to people he may never need."

I have a pot of small white beans on cooking. Gives the perfect smell throughout the house for this slightly chilly day. I'm torn between making a pot of rice or a pan of cornbread. The cornbread sure is winning out right now...with some bacon and cheese in it...and a little onion!

No comments: