Monday, October 24, 2005

I think I'm back

It has been so annoying not being able to post...as if whatever I have to say is earth shattering! Anyway, I think I'm back.

When I brought the garbage can in from the street after work today I saw bunches of pecans that the car had crushed in the driveway. All of the looked like good ones...both this last weekend and the one before I've brought pecans in and not ONE was any good. I started noticing little holes in some of them (many of them) and actually picked one up that had a little green worm coming out! So seeing good pecans spurred me into action. I did find however, that it seems only one of the trees is really up to snuff this year, the one in the front on the east side of the yard.

I know "they" said we'd get no effects from Wilma this far north, but the winds today have been astonishing! All of the streets are covered in leaves, debris, limbs and huge clumps of Spanish moss. Looks like a mini war zone.

When I got in from pecan gathering I had a call on the machine from a friend at the Humane Society. It seems we got a rather large donation ($25,000.00) and she wanted my input on the thank you letter. So, I've only been home for a little while. Oh, I'm now on the board of directors for the society. I'm the membership chairman. I think it's because I have a computer and know word and excel. As long as I don't have to go anywhere or talk I'll do just fine.

Oh! Our high tomorrow morning at 7AM is to be 38 degrees and warming up to a toasty 60 at noon! Love it!

No comments: