Saturday, October 29, 2005

Odds 'n ends

Okay, I'm not sure just where to start.

Things at work have been pretty good the last two weeks at work. The boss was out of town two days last week and has been out of the shop for periods of time this week, so no conflicts have happened.

While he was out of town last week an order of shirts came in and I processed them. Counted (I always count more than once, you know, that little one brain cell I'm working with) and checked them off against the order and put the appropriate shirts in bins for specific jobs. Then entered the incoming order in the computer. Late yesterday the boss started a job that was due yesterday and I stayed late and helped. At a quarter to seven last night I got a call from him. He was spitting fire. He said, among other things, that I had incorrectly processed the order and the job was incomplete because of it. Well, if there was a shortage in the shirts, I feel sure I noted it on the packing sheet...I mean, that's what I do...I make notes and notes and notes, don't particularly trust the one brain cell. Any way, he ranted and raved for a few minutes and then said we'd take it up Monday. Well, I'm not too sure I care to take it up on Monday or any other time with him. I promised myself after the last blow-up that the next time would be the last time. Not sure what to do. Damn!

When I got off of the phone with him I paced with my cup of tea in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Had several thoughts, some of which are not fit for print. (1) At least this takes some of the pressure off of his wife, he got it out of his system with me (I've heard him talk AT her and I know how hard that is. She's talked with me about his fuse.). (2) I'm pretty sure I told him about the order and he said not to worry the remainder was coming from another plant. (3) How dare he talk to me or anyone else that way. (4) I think he'd like for me to quit as I'm pretty sure he's over extended with that new toy of his, the embroidery machine, and what pittance he pays me in a month would probably make up a large part of the loan payment. (5) Etc. Not sure what to do, but must do something.

Thinking of taking a drive up to Valdosta this afternoon.

No comments: