Sunday, October 16, 2005

Good Weekend!

When the boss came in from lunch on Friday he told me about an estate sale just a little ways down from me. It was someones house that I remember from childhood...I remember both the lady and the house...so, of course when I left work I stopped at the sale. It was being run by an old friend of my daddy and we had a good visit. The belongings being sold looked like I hope my stuff looks like in 30 more years. There were crafting things galore, fabrics, threads, everything, good stuff! Oh, the books! I needed all of them! Didn't by books, but went a little nuts on the crafting stuff. Took a walk through the yard (oh, someday perhaps this one will be like hers) It's the kind of yet that you meander through on lovely, wide, intricate paths. There's a fig that you walk under and a poticarpus that almost rivals some of the oaks in the yard.

Anyway, I was putting stuff in the car when a male arm reached in and picked something up as I was putting it in. I looked up and it was BUD!!!
Oh, what a surprise! What a good way to end a work week! He brought a chicken (really he has a kitchen in his car) said he thought we'd give the grill a try...I put it together in the Spring and haven't used it. Well, he grilled lemon and butter basted chicken, made consume' rice and I did burned beans. It was a glorious meal! We sat and talked and laughed 'til late.

Saturday was really a clear cool day. We spent the majority of it out back. Bud built a fire-wood rack for the carport with pressure treated lumber we found out behind the shed! It's a nice sturdy thing and looks good. He broke down to size and organized the wood I'd gathered over the last little while on it and it looks super! We ran a few errands rather late in the afternoon and that was fun! We "did" Fred's...he's fun to shop with!

Well, we ended up sitting on the patio until midnight drinking beer and watching the fire he built in the little chimney thing. He played his guitar, sang (some wonderful songs by John Prine plus lots of others). Most of them were really good toe-tappers, some of them were hum-alongs and I knew a couple! Loved it all, but especially the John Prine ones! When we went in we remembered we'd not had supper yet. Bud made some grilled chicken sandwiches that were to die for and we were up till close to 2am.

Slept in this morning, didn't get up till a little after 8. We had breakfast and took our coffee outside. Had to wear a sweater! Sat and talked a while and then he had to go. Left at 11am. He and his dog are such good company. Shirley loves Chester and Goodness and Mercy were warming up. Maybe the nuts will remember when Bud and Chester come back that they really aren't afraid and go on from there. Look forward to the next visit!

Now that I played all week, it's time to get to work and do a little cleaning around here and once more, laundry.

No comments: