Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Witches, Goulds and Goblins, oh my!

In a two hour period last night I had over a hundred Trick or Treaters! Cars were parked up and down the street disengourging giggling little monsters! At one time there were 3 cars parked in my driveway. That's more than I remember having any other time EVER! They were all costumed and cute, funny or rather creepy and everyone seemed to be having a ball! I dressed in black and sat on the front porch with a lit candle and a galvanized bucket of candy.

I think the funniest goblin was a little girl (looked to be 9 or 10 yrs old). She was dressed as a Sumo wrestler. The outfit was flesh colored and sooo big! She waddled as she walked. What a hoot! Then there was the little boy. He was 5ish and dressed in camos with a toy rifle on a strap slung over his shoulder. I asked him if he was a hunter (in this neck of the woods that quite probable). He said no, he was a soldier like his daddy...and added that his daddy was "at" the war and he hoped he didn't get shot or "blowed up". Then he spotted Shirley in the window (she had a ball!!) and told me all about his dogs and the one that got "runned" over. What a precious child! They were all cute and very polite, I don't remember any of them not saying thank you.

I slept better last night than I have in months. Guess there's something positive to be said for being unemployed. The only head ache (besides money) that I have is telling Mother. She's gonna freak!

I'll be going to the Humane Society office tomorrow afternoon to get them set up with Quick Books. That should help with the record keeping and today I plan to work on the membership records, I've sorta put that off as I was on the computer inputting data almost the entire time I was at work and just didn't want to do more of the same when I got home at night.

Here's to a fresh start on November first!

No comments: