Friday, November 11, 2005

The Fox

A couple of weeks ago the exboss' wife told me about very early one morning seeing a red fox run from my yard to the empty lot across the street. Well, I've been clearing out the dense beds along the side of the yard and yesterday I found a hole coming under the fence and a deep indention or hole or waller or something. Wonder if it belongs to the fox? Every morning Shirley goes nuts with her nose to the ground over in that area. You reckon? I hope they stay here and don't go out to one of the plantations...they have fox hunts!

While Shirley and I were in the yard late yesterday a neighbor from across the street, waaay across the street, drove over. She'd been out to see a friend of hers earlier in the day and he mentioned that he was looking for a receptionist. So she told him about me. Of course, as she said, she didn't know too much to tell him, but did tell him about the fellow I was working for (she knows him, too) and said that if I could work for him I could work for anyone! She's a hoot! Called him this morning and I'm going to go talk to him on Monday. Told the young woman I'm working for right now on a temporary basis and she said to please use her as a reference. How nice. But, she also said she sure hopes I can finish what I'm doing for her. I've finished one of her companies (there are 4 more) and I'm up to June '05 for the Humane Society. That's in 8 days which I think is pretty good. If my back were not giving me such fits I could have put in a few more hours. And I was worrying about finishing before I have something else. Now it's possible that I could have a fuller plate than I'm wanting. I know it'll all work out. Feast or famine.

I have a full weekend and am sorta dreading it. Tallahasse tomorrow and Church, luncheon and bridge on Sunday. Don't know when I'll get my weekend chores done...you know, I can't let chores cut into my computer time. Oh wow, just thought, I still haven't finished the membership roll for the HS. And we have a meeting at 6pm on Monday. The trail ride is coming up next Saturday and this will be our first actual planning meeting, though lots (food, games, raffles and pony rides have all been taken care of) of things have been done there's still a lot more to do.

It sure was nice to pick out warm clothes to wear this morning, but "they" say it'll be hot again (upper 80's) by the first of the week. Still NO rain. It's been 4-5 weeks without rain of any sort. I've put the sprinkler on the herb garden twice, but everything is sure looking pitiful. I'll have to do my rain call, just wasn't ready to reveal that side of me to the neighbors yet.

No comments: