Thursday, November 24, 2005

A wonderful balmy morning

The weather couldn't be nicer than it is this morning! Clear, blue sky with a very light breeze and low 60's (to warm up to 80 later)! How nice!

The house smells fantastic, I baked the turkey last night and have an apple pie in the oven right now. Now, I sorta cheated with the pie, bought deep dish crusts. All went well until I tried to invert the second crust over the top of the pie...damn thing crumbled to bits. So with a little water I patched it over and crossed my fingers and stuck it in the oven. At least it'll look home made, no one would sell one that looks like this one!

Had an e-mail from Bud. He's coming here tomorrow! Wonderful!

Will go to MJ's house at 11:30 and she's driving us to Tallahassee for Thanksgiving with friends. We've been promised Bloody Marys and more food than can be consumed at one meal! I'm so glad the weather's nice, we'll be eating outside. I'm taking the dumb pie.

Will let you know how it goes.

No comments: