Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Thanksgiving invite

Yesterday the president of our Humane Society called and invited both me and MJ to join her and her family in Tallahassee for Thanksgiving. We both said yes (after discussing it). This should be great fun. I'm taking a green bean casserole and hope to shell and toast some pecans to take also.

I have a large bucket of pecans I've gathered from the tree out front. So far, every one I've shelled have been really good with big, plump meat. I've only shelled a few and Shirley and I have shared them...tasty!

It's very cold this morning...below freezing. I turned the thermostat up to 68 yesterday and am quite comfortable. However, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy all say that they are freezing. I can't sit down without a lapful of animals!

Spent a few hours yesterday decorating the little white Christmas tree. It turned out that the lights I got for it (a string of 100) has a green cord and it looked stupid on the white tree, so I found some green garland wrapped with silver stuff and circled that around the tree and over the cords. Looks pretty good...added 64 little red balls and an old angel on top and it's quite festive! Probably will do the big one on Friday.

Still haven't heard about the job...to call or not to call...that is the question.

It's hard to type with Shirley in my lap...so will close for now.

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Yum! Toasted pecans would be devine!

Glad to see that you were able to fix your posts.

Happy Thanksgiving!