Thursday, November 17, 2005

Chilly today

It's quite cool this morning, low 40's. Our first freeze warning has been posted for tonight. Finally, season appropriate weather! Yeah! It was down right hot yesterday, 80's, and then IT RAINED!!!!! First rain in over 5 weeks, you could almost hear everything outside sucking it up! It cooled off with the rain and I opened all of the windows in the dining room. Goodness and Mercy use the wide window sills in there as their personal perches and this was the first time since we moved in the house in July that the windows have been opened. Even Shirley got in a chair at the window to look out and smell the rain. It didn't last long, about an hour, but it sure did make a difference.

I've almost finished the job I've been working for the last three weeks and have nothing in store. I did talk to a fellow on Monday and he said he'd call later this week. Well, it's certainly later this week now...hope I hear from him. Gotta have something...the power bill is due on the 23rd and I don't have the money for it.

I dreamed about Daddy the other night. It's only the second time since he died 6 1/2 years ago that I have. The other time was a couple of weeks after he died. In this dream he told me he was going to write me a large check. Do you suppose it was wishful thinking?

I've talked with Helen almost every night this week. It's like I'm her touch-stone. If our talking can help ease her through this time in her life I'm glad. It's so little to do.

I'm going to go to the office later this morning even though I probably shouldn't go at all. Unless some bank statements turn up there's really nothing to do. But I'll figure up my hours and give CCC a call.

No bridge this weekend. LJ's going out of town on Saturday for the holiday. No word from Bud, I guess he's not coming.

No comments: