Monday, November 07, 2005

We'll see what happens now...

That last little thing I tried to post did post. Don't know what is different. So here goes! (I've sorta had withdrawal not being able to say anything!)

Helen called yesterday. She was in high spirits. Her grandson and his wife had come over and spent the day putting all of her outside Christmas light up for her. She is rather an attraction in that area at the holidays. Her lights and outside decorations are always something to see! She said she'd gotten one new thing for the yard...a 4' tall hobby horse that lights up and rocks! She put it on the patio so she can see it from inside too.

My friend Leah Jane picked me up at 10 til 10 yesterday morning. We went to the Episcopal Church here in town. It was built in 1885 and has been in continuous use ever since. It's a small rather decorative structure with many stained glass windows and a wood-clad vaulted ceiling. Very pretty, cozy and comfortable (except for the pews). Yesterday was the celebration of All Saints Day. What a lovely idea. The celebration is to be not only for the big names that are recognized as Saints, but the day to day people in each person's life that make a difference for them. Now I know why the Episcopalians don't jog or walk before the Sunday service...they have to save themselves for all of the rising and sitting and kneeling that they do.

After the service they had punch (red and orange) and cookies in the fellowship hall. Saw a few people I knew from "way back then" and was introduced to many more. What fun!

Then it was back to LJ's house for lunch and bridge. It's been years since I've played, but I did take the first hand, it was downhill from there. I was the youngest (60) and our oldest topped out at 83. We did more talking and eating than playing bridge, in fact we didn't even finish a rubber and decided to carry it over til next Sunday and do Church, fellowship, lunch and finish the rubber.

I told Mother about that and she was horrified that we'd carry the game over...said that's not done. I don't remember that rule.

Okay this was a bit longer than that last blurb...let's see what happens.

No comments: