Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Getting ready

Thanksgiving is two days away! I can't believe how quickly this past year has gone...lots has happened and most of it feels like it's eons away, yet last Thanksgiving was only yesterday.

Sunday I took the little 8.22 lb. bird out of the freezer and put it in a cooler on the side porch (no lid). Yesterday I poked it with my finger many times throughout the day and nothing gave...not a dent. This morning the wings move, so I feel it's making progress thawing. If it still feels hard tomorrow I'll put it in a sink of water. Thank goodness it's not a 23 pounder!

My friend MJ from the Humane Society is coming for Thanksgiving dinner.

I put a Christmas wreath on the front door last night and am thinking about putting lights on the trees today. (Mother gave me her two trees, one's tall and slim and green and one's short, table-top type, and white). I haven't had a tree in years and now I have two. Sunday I pulled out all of the decorations I have and combined with what Mother gave me I have quite a few. I'm thinking the two trees and the wreath and some ornaments in a bowl on the dining room table should do it...but I do have a mantle...not sure how to approach that.

Still haven't heard from the fellow I talked with last week about a job. Sure wish he'd call...I don't want to call him. Figure if he hasn't called by tomorrow he won't call. I'll call him Monday.

It is COLD here! We actually had two days of rain, boy, we needed that and then the winds came. They actually blew the chairs from the patio and out into the yard and brought in the cold. Brrrr...

Helen called last night. She's very tired. She went to Senior's yesterday and had to have someone bring her home early. Said she went to bed and slept for 1 1/2 hrs. She says she still has no pain...God, I pray she never does. She's having Thanksgiving at her house. Family's bringing food, but she said she's still going to roast a turkey, wants the smell, and will send it home with her grandson and his wife.

Mother came over yesterday morning. Gave me $150.00. Spent some of it at the grocery store and put the rest in the bank. I'll pay the phone bill tomorrow and then there won't be much left. Need a job.

I've got a fire laid in the fireplace. Almost lit it this morning, but am trying to wait for tonight...'spose to get to 32 or lower tonight, so I'll probably need it. I've huddled all of the potted plants (all seven of them) at the back steps and this afternoon will tent a plastic drop sheet over them. Hope that will save them.

No comments: