Friday, November 25, 2005

Life's just one adventure after another

Well, I've been locked out of the house since 10:30 this morning. Shirley and I went out to gather more pecans this morning and when I had a full grocery bag and a really tired back we decided it was time to come in. Imagine how my heart dropped when I couldn't turn the knob to enter. I put the bag down and tried the knob several times, wiggling it this way and that. Nothing.

Well, since I was looking for Bud I thought we'd just wait till he got here with his key. Waited until 12:15 and really needed to get inside. So I went to a neighbor's house and called Mother since she has a key, too. Turns out she couldn't find her key, but came over anyway with her cell phone and phone book. We couldn't find a listing in Monticello for a locksmith, so we went to a local hardware store and they had a name and phone number for us. Called him and he met us at the house.

Turns out that I hadn't locked the door, the lock was broken. He ended up having to drill it out and replace it and it was 10 minutes after three before I got in. I've never seen a bathroom look so good! Also, hadn't had breakfast or lunch, so I wolfed down a sandwich and here I sit.

Bless her heart, Shirley missed her nap. She's now curled up on the bed sleeping soundly.

Bud's still not here, so I'm glad I didn't wait, but the locksmith said it wouldn't have helped to have the key. I did feel a little better about that.

Nothing much more going on now, thank goodness! I think I'll take a nap, too.

No comments: