Monday, November 14, 2005

A busy week looming...

Yesterday was nice. Played Bridge until 4:30 and did do a little better, came in 2nd high.

Helen called shortly after I got home (she'd left an earlier message on the machine)...she just needed to chat. I sat outside with Shirley and we talked for about an hour, in fact it was almost dark when we hung up.

My friend LJ asked if I'd tend her dog (a very old dachund/sp?) over Thanksgiving. She doesn't want me to bring him here, just tend him over at her house. Of course I said yes. She's the next street over and down a ways.

My #2 child, ETC, and her family are adopting a beautiful baby girl from China, she's 10 months old. She posted pictures of the baby on her blog, Red Thread. How very exciting! They are to go get her next month...what a Christmas gift for them!

Will call the fellow I talked with on Friday about a job. Cross your fingers for me. Actually, I don't even know yet if it's something that I'll want, or if I'm what they may want, but I must find something that will support me for a few years.

Oh, talked with Mother last night. She got the tax notice for this house in the mail on Saturday. She'd told me back in the summer that the taxes would be around $3,000.00, imagine my pleasure when she told me that she'd been wrong, it's $300.00! Big difference!

Have a Humane Society meeting tonight at 6:00. The Trail Ride/Family Farm Day is this coming Saturday and we'll start setting up on Friday. Still have a slue of work on the books.

Would you believe there is a tropical storm looming? If she strengthens just a bit her name will be Gamma. Hard to believe isn't it?

Gotta go try to do magic...an extreme makeover...for work.

No comments: