Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Good things

Sometimes it's important to really look at the good things in your life. It's a practice I've used for a while, but after a while I seem to be looking at the same things and forgetting others.

One of the things I really like about the job is being able to set my own hours. Now, I realize, that this isn't a permanent job, it's just until I get several messes fixed. It's hard to say how long it's going to take, but it is going faster right now than I'd anticipated. I'd guess another month, probably not two. We'll see.

Well, anyway, I woke up at 4 this morning and by 6:30 I'd fed the animals, cleaned the litter boxes, dressed, cooked and eaten breakfast, made the bed, read the newspaper and done a few other chores. So I went on line for a few minutes and decided I was wasting time. Got to work at 7am! Finished the last two months of 2004 for the Humane Society and got home at 1:30! How wonderful! Piddled on the computer and then Shirley and I went outside. I spent 3 hours cutting privet hedge out of the azaleas. I've got a pile out on the street that's probably 12 feet long and 4 feet high and wide! There's still tons more to get out, but that sure felt good!

Had a message on the phone from Mother when Shirley and I came in. She wants to take me clothes shopping on Saturday. So I'm going to meet her at 10 Saturday morning. That'll be good, I don't have much that fits me anymore. I wore a pair of black slacks that I got last Fall to Church Sunday and they were much too big. Yeah! Need some good jeans, that seems to be the uniform "de jour" (sp?) here.

It's nice to have known the folks that I'm working with for a while. It's also good to get in before they do. There's always so much talking when other people are there and I find it easier to concentrate when it's quiet. I did have the radio on today and I think the phone rang three times, but basically it was quiet the entire time, no one came in and I left before my friend MJ came in. She's not going to be in at all tomorrow and CCC left early this morning to pull a friend's two horses to Atlanta for the big show. She'll be back in town late tomorrow and may be in the office on Thursday. I'm the only one who likes the early hours. Good thing! Also, only 3 or 4 people have the number to the office (Mother wants it, told her I'd call her with it tomorrow, I've got it written down there somewhere) and that's also a good thing.

The weather is really odd. Very dry and very warm. In it's own strange way that too is a good thing for me (not the dry part). The longer I can go without needing the heat the better...and it's not so warm that I need the A/C! The power bill came Saturday and it had dropped almost $100! Just $108 and change. I sure would like to get it even lower!

Good things...they are everywhere!

No comments: