Thursday, November 24, 2005

Stuffed like a turkey!

I promised myself this morning that I'd not over eat today. One more promise broken! There was more food today than I've seen at a single gathering in a long time! So, I only took a little of each, a little ham, a little turkey, a little Boston Butt, some corn pudding, collard greens, butter peas, field peas with okra, rice and gravy, mashed potatoes, yams, squash casserole, fruit salad, tossed salad and stuffing and of course home made yeast rolls with butter and jelly...I know I've left something out, but I probably tried it! Then there was the dessert table, cakes and pies and cobblers, cookies and brownies and fudge. I only tried a brownie with thick chocolate frosting, but only because I couldn't hold another bite.

There were 50+ people there, from the age of 6 months to 90 years. Wow, what a get together! Wonderful fun, wonderful people and an absolutely beautiful place! Everybody, except for MJ and me, was related somehow. CCC's sister is married to CCC's husband's brother and everyone else was either a grandsomething, or niece or uncle or sister or something. They were all so gracious and welcoming and made both of us feel right at home.

And the weather, the weather was perfect! Not too cool and not too hot, just right!

The directions to get there were interesting, which is why MJ drove, she knew how to get there. The directions were: behind the New Leaf and behind the Moon! I'd never have made it alone.

A really good Thanksgiving!

No comments: