Sunday, September 11, 2005

Yesterday

When I didn't hear from Bud Friday night I figured he wasn't coming over just for supper. (I left him a message on his machine (from work) that the boss had hired someone he'd talked to a few months ago to build the room and he shouldn't come all the way from Apalachicola to put a bid in, but if he just wanted to come over I'd feed him.)

Well, Saturday dawned sorta loomingly, it felt like a big expanse of empty time that I hadn't planned on having and it didn't feel good. So I decided to go to a thrift store this side of Tallahassee (out 90) that I'd heard about. (I'm looking for a couple of bedside tables and don't want and can't afford something new.) When I got there they told me that their main store had all of the furniture and gave me directions to get there. It was almost 30 miles....through Tally and south! Well, I found it and they didn't have what I was looking for, but I did get a 22"x35" bulletin board that looks brand new for $2.49! I'm thinking for painting it and covering it in something wonderful and using it on my desk.

Anyway, when I left there it was closer to come home US27 than to go back 90, so I did. I saw a Ross and stopped there looking for sheets for the new beds (Mother got a nautical plaidish print for the sheets, they'll do for backup)....found two sets of a black and white jersey sheets for $8.95 a set. They're rather different and appeal to me. Then found next door a wonderful shop that sells essential oils, incense, books, saris and other grand stuff! Then headed home. Passed where my sister lives, stopped. She wasn't home, but I looked at her back yard where she lost the pool after hurricane Dennis and it looks fantastic! You can't even tell that a pool had been there. The sod looks just like the rest of the yard. Looks good! Left and headed home.

Pulled into the carport and the first thing I saw even before I got out of the car was some twigs on the steps going up to the back door. On closer inspection I saw the twigs formed PST, BUD!!!!! He'd been here! I wasn't! Damn! Then I saw a receipt stuck in the back door with a note on the back from Bud saying he'd been here 3 or so hours and had decided that I wasn't merely at breakfast and he'd gone back home. I missed him by less than a half an hour both when I left and when I got back home. I waited until I felt he'd had time to get back and called. He wasn't there, I left word. Then he called while Shirley and I were out back and he left word. Then I called him back and left word again. Then I had an idea and called again and asked if he was busy today. Thought I'd take the steaks over there. Didn't hear from him. Called this morning and got a really weird message and started a message, then said I might have a wrong number. Called back, got same message. Left word. Haven't heard. Will stay home and do laundry and such.

No comments: