Saturday, September 17, 2005

Aren't Saturdays Grand!

Of course I woke up this morning at 5:30, but it felt so good to acknowledge Saturday and go back to sleep! It almost seemed sinful to roll out at 7:30. After doing animal chores, taking my handful of vitamins and making coffee I brought in the newspaper and crawled back into bed. Well, I frankly couldn't stay there...the computer called and called. So here I sit.

So much, yet very little actually, seems to be going on in my very small world.

The yard needs cutting, but it's been so dry that I hesitate to have it done (and too, the cost... I'm overdrawn at the bank). This time of year seems to be slowing the majority of the grass growth, but there are patches of odd grass that doesn't seem to care that the days are shorter and there is too much heat and no rain.

I can stand outside and watch leaves shower down from the pecan trees. They are so old and countless storms have pruned them into giant bonsai trees. I love looking at them and now that they are shedding the shapes are so much more pronounced. Last night I stood and watched the moon rise through them. Beautiful! That really big orange orb shining through my bonsaied pecans was breathtaking!

No comments: