Wednesday, September 14, 2005

An odd accident

I had a rather odd accident last night. I took a pizza out of the oven and as I always do was in the midst of cutting it while it was still quite hot (I find that if I cut it before it cools the cheese cuts cleaner) when the pizza cutter slipped and the index finger on my right hand was plunged into the HOT pizza. I immediately stuck the knuckle with the cheese clinging to it into my mouth and got the worse of it off and then stuck it under the cold water tap. However, the cold water isn't very cold (I'm used to a well), so I stuck it in the freezer. Then I hammered some ice cubes, wrapped them in a kitchen towel and kept the dumb finger wrapped in it...even went to bed with the towel and ice chips in a plastic bag and my hand in it. This morning most of the pain is gone, but I have several very nice blisters across the knuckle.

No comments: