Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Uncle Gene

Got a call at lunch time from my cousin Diane. Our Uncle Gene died last night. He hadn't been sick, in fact he had just finished cutting the grass (6+ acres) on a riding lawn mower, had showered and fixed dinner. He and Aunt Marcella were sitting at the table eating and he just keeled over dead. I know that this unseasonal heat didn't help, but this was something he'd done for years. He was 82. Aunt Marcella has alzheimers (sp?) and he was her sole caretaker. They do have 5 living children. I know she'll be well taken care of, I just hate it happened this way. She must be so afraid and probably puzzled. There is to be an autopsy. I don't know when the funeral is, but I plan on going. Just did a MapQuest and it's pretty much a straight shot from here, 2 1/2 hours.

No comments: