Sunday, September 25, 2005

A wonderful Sunday

As a rule Sunday is my least favorite day. I've been that way since I was a child. There's just something so lonely and sad about Sunday...and then there's Monday chomping at your heels.

But this particular Sunday has been just wonderful! Eldest Daughter and her family came by on their way home to the mountains. Shirley, Goodness and even Mercy in her own way were all glad to see them, even though it's been over 2 yrs. since they have seen them. I'm certain Shirley remembered them and even Goodness did. I don't think Mercy did (she's odd) but in her own fashion she warmed up to them.

We had a nice lunch (and I even remembered to do the rolls). I intended to make coffee and completely forgot to...did remember that there was tea.

Ed, my oldest granddaughter is tall and willowly. She's 13 and absolutely beautiful! She's taller than I am and even taller than her mother. In a few years she should model...her look is so striking. The most amazing things about her to me are her kindness and her intelligence. She's something else!

The younger of the two girls, Benard, is quite the looker too! She has amazing eyes and the funniest sense of humor! She has always been a character but with age has really honed her wit! Sweetness shines from her!

As far as my son-in-law is concerned, I couldn't ask for a better one. He's kind and sweet and rather funny himself!

Last, but not least, is RM. I could go on and on about her. She's beautiful, intelligent, talented and the one I think MOTHERS should be modeled after. I'm so in awe of her and proud of her.

The house felt quite empty after they left. I had my traditional cry and then drowned myself in computer games until it felt like my eyes would fall out. I wish we lived closer together. Maybe someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, shucks, Mom! :-)

It was so nice to stop by and see your cute lttle new house, and have a delicious home-cooked lunch. We were in "get-home" mode----otherwise it would've been nice to have been able to visit longer!