Thursday, June 02, 2005

Something fun

Today is the beginning of the 55th Annual Watermelon Festival! The kickoff began with a bar-b-q and a bed race. What with the weather being so ugly and unpredictable, I didn't stay for the race. I did, however, partake in the food! Actually, the chicken was smoked, yummy, no sauce. There were green beans, baked potatoes, a wonderful tossed salad, and an entire table of luscious desserts (I got cocoanut cake!). As I didn't know anyone there, I brought mine home and shared with Shirley, she's really good company!

After work today I had to run by Progress Energy to pick up some ad copy and since it's not far from "the house", I ran by to see if anything had been done. Well doggy, the driveway has been staked and formed out and the electrician was there!!!!! I talked with him about 2 more things that need to be done, the dining room light is on a toggle chain and I want it on a wall switch and I need an electrical outlet on the sun porch. He said that was no problem and that he thought things could be finished today! Oh, I'll keep my fingers crossed! I don't know when the driveway can be poured, I hate to wish for dry weather!

Tuesday Mike was moved from the hospital back to the nursing home. When I talked with him last night they still hadn't found his personal things that were left in his room when they took him to the hospital and he's in a different room now. It all seems so disorganized! It makes me worry about the level of care there, but he seems comfortable with it. I need to send him a clock or watch or some sort of time piece...they said for a week that they'd get him a clock and haven't yet.

As for the abscesses, the surface one was packed and Mike said the deeper one is draining into his colostomy bag, so evidently it also ruptured. He says he actually feels much better, though he is still quite weak and bed ridden.

I hear thunder, so I think I'll get off of here for now.

No comments: