Saturday, May 28, 2005

A fine kettle of fish

Well, things seem to constantly happening with Mike. I couldn't reach him yesterday or last night, nor could I get an answer at the front desk of the nursing home. I really didn't worry too much about it since I'd told him that I probably wouldn't call on Friday, but I wanted to see if he'd gotten the 2nd pair of glasses I'd overnighted to him and if they worked for him (the first pair I sent weren't strong enough). Also, that phone in his room hasn't been working too well, so I just figured it once more wasn't working. Well, this morning I called and got no answer in his room or at the desk and had the same results this afternoon, so I really did begin to worry. Then tonight I got an answer in his room, it was a woman who said I'd called the wrong number, but I checked it on my cell and it was the correct number. So I tried the front desk again, and after multiple rings did get someone. She told me that he wasn't there and since she didn't have my name she said she couldn't tell me anything else. I pitched a little fit and she finally told me that he'd been taken to ORMC, but couldn't say anything else. Soooo, I called the hospital and finally found him. I talked with him. He had an abscess in his surgical area that ruptured yesterday, so they immediately sent him back to the hospital. They did a CAT scan yesterday and there is a second, deeper abscess that they are going to address on Monday with drainage, etc. Bless his heart, he's really been through the mill, but he says he actually feels much better now that the first abscess is draining...it relieved pressure and pain. He's actually happy to be back with "his folks", they know him!

No comments: