Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Mike

Tonight Mike had his fourth surgery...his third was Friday night.

Friday they were able to close his surgical site down from a 12 inch gap (in width) to a little less than an inch. They also closed it from his breast bone completely about an inch and a half and up from his pubic bone completely about an inch and a half. However, this was only the skin and fat layer, no muscle. They tell me that he will be facing a surgery in about a year to close the muscle layer and in the mean time, there will be a hernia in the entire abdomen area. Tonight's surgery was to close the remaining ten inch area. As far as I know it was successful, I've only talked with nurses, not the surgeons.

This surgery was the hardest for me to go through, I wasn't there and had to call and call to get any information. I did talk with two of the surgeons (that I know) yesterday and they felt very confident...that in turn gave me comfort.

No comments: