Friday, May 13, 2005

Elvis has left the building

Tonight there was a wonderful special on TV called "Elvis by The Presleys". Two hours...and I watched every second of it! It took me back to pre-teen age and I salivated! I remembered a tabloid thingy that I read (we all read and talked about while wearing our crinolyns and saddle oxfords) about Elvis autographing some girls breast and she wore a band aid over it when she showered!!!! We all agreed that we'd do the same thing! Damn! we never had the opportunity!

Talked with Mike again tonight. They removed his feeding tube today and he took six steps! The damn hospital lost his glasses... moving him two doors down from where he was! I mailed him a package today with glasses and books and his sister's and brother's and my telephone numbers. He keeps loosing these things...and he asks for them and doesn't have a pen, so I included pens and a pad of paper. He said tonight that VA had accepted him into the rehab system...they now need to find a place for him. His infection is a major problem as it prohibits him from using communial equiptment or facilities in any place they may find for him.

No comments: