Monday, May 09, 2005

Dream or nightmare?

Mother called today and wanted to come over. She said look nice and wear makeup. Oh joy! When she got here she came in to talk for a while and brought up how miserable this house was this past winter and asked "Do you remember when I said you'd never have to spend another winter in this house?" Well, I played along, but actually didn't remember her saying anything of the sort. Well it seems that while I was in Orlando with Mike she bought a house here in Monticello. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath on a huge lot in town. We went to see it...she's in the process of having a double car carport built and the driveway paved. The house is 81 years old with beautiful hardwood floors and ceilings that have been dropped to 10'. There are big windows and a fireplace, a dining room and a large windowed side porch and an absolutely wonderful front porch with a swing. There' a gigantic patio out back and a small storage building way out back. The master bedroom suite was added on and is quite large with a huge, deep jacuzi tub and a walk-in shower with a double sink vanity and a linen closet. It's quite nice. It's mine for the taking and I'll receive it in total at her death. Wow!

Now, for the strings...she's calling it her house. She's decorating it in her mind with all of the stuff (all new, of course) from her condo in Waynesville, NC. She said I could put all of my junk in the shed out back. She said a lot more, but when she started talking about my junk I sorta tuned out. My hackles are up and I'm in a dilemma. She's paying the rent on this place (I don't even have a job) and will stop when the house is ready for occupancy.

You reckon I should go for it?

The hospital called while I was gone with Mother. Mike is stable and ready for rehab. They are trying to find a place for him...it'll have to be a hospital...I'm hoping for VA.

No comments: