Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Finally, a phone for Mike

When I got home from work today, I called the nursing home and the front desk still didn't know of a phone for Mike, but they put me back to the nursing station and the nurse went to his room to check for me. Sure 'nuf, he had a phone and she gave me the number, but couldn't transfer me, so I added yet another long distance call to the growing list. Bless his heart, once more I called during dinner, but we did take the time to chat. He says this place is quite different from the hospital, but he's not sure if it's for the better or not. He does have a tv, but no clock...he said someone is working on getting one for him and I needn't send one...I still need to call back again, I need the address to send his new glasses to.

I went by the house after work. The shingles are on the roof of the new double carport and they exactly match the roof of the house and look wonderful! It looks like the only things left to be done before I move in is the electrical work (door bell, carport lights, electrical outlet on the sun porch and it seems there's one other thing), finishing the interior roof of the carport and the soffits and then paving the driveway. It all seems so close, but so far away.

Work's okay...fleas are still bad.

No comments: