Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Stuff and things

Monday I met Mother in Tallahassee and we went on a shopping spree (on her Visa). We went to Talbots (for some reason she thinks that's the only place that carries petites). They had all of their new summer clothes out and it looked like a candy shop! The colors are bright, bold and very fresh this summer...so pretty! I ended up with several pairs of slacks, many tops, a skirt and two dresses! I don't remember the last time I wore a dress! We worked up quite an appetite with our shopping so we went back to her house and picked up Bert and went out to lunch at Marie Livingston's! It was wonderful and I brought home enough left overs for another meal. Yummy!

I had two job interviews Monday afternoon. This morning I got a call from one of them and I start Monday doing ad sales for the Monticello News. I'll enjoy that...it doesn't pay much and it's just 25 hours a week, but I was assured that I'll make more as I produce more...and it's 9-3 Mon-Fri with an hour lunch, so I shouldn't burn out like you do on so many 'phone jobs.

I've talked with Mike 'most every day for the past little while...out call today was quite short as they had just brought his supper in...I have the most uncanny way of calling either when he's eating or using the urinal. Usually we go ahead and talk, but I was only checking on him and telling him about my job today, so I cut it short.

They are working on the road out front and the dust is amazing...I think they bring it in just for the effect!

No comments: