Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's begun!

Yesterday was the grand finale of the Watermelon Festival. There was a parade, an antique car show and street after street of arts and crafts and probably 25-30 different food vendors with every thing from ribs to corn dogs, cotton candy, chicken on a stick and of course, watermelon! It was wonderful! (I bought an Elvis purse!)

After the festivities (the Marine band form Albany, GA, played) I went to "the house". There sitting in my carport were my mother and my sister in folding chairs looking quite comfortable. They had opened the house and were just sitting there waiting for me to show up. Odd.

After they left I spent a couple of hours cleaning up builder junk in the yard I filled a 5 gallon bucket twice with things like roofing nails, shingles, plastic and wooden things. The builder had already "cleaned up", but his cleaning really left a lot of little stuff. I'm sure I'll find more.

I got quite over heated doing the yard at mid-day, even though it was very overcast and threw up in the yard at one point, that was a wake-up call! So I locked up the house and came back here. Around 6pm Shirley and I went back to the house and it had cooled off enough to be bearable. I put one of those screwy things with a chain in the back yard and put Shirely out on it...this is going to take some work...she was fine as long as she could see me, but she screamed and screamed when I would go in. I took my first real car load over...things from the linen closet...well, it's a beginning and officially I have until the 15th of July. I also took shelf paper for the kitchen, but I can only reach the bottom shelves, so I need to take a ladder in order to reach the others!

Talked with Mike last night. He's doing okay, or as okay as one who's been in the hospital since the 22nd of March can be doing!

Oh, I almost forgot...the computer I've been using was a cheapy find from Goodwill last year and it was soooooo slow and had NO memory (who does?) and wasn't upgradable. A girl at work told me about a rental place that sometimes had computers that were returned or reposessed and they sold them...she bought a complete Dell for $300. So I went by there Friday after work and for $50 ($25 down and $25 tomorrow when I get paid) bought just the box that is the computer, I had a monitor, key board, speakers, mouse and printer already. It's an e machine and boy howdy! it's remarkable! It downloads in seconds and is so fast that it gets ahead of me! With the old one even getting on line was a chore, now I don't even have time to get a cup of coffee before it's on!

No comments: