Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Finally, I'm doing something!

When I got home from work yesterday the first thing I did was call Mike to let him know that I'd just mailed him some more lemonade. He said one doctor had said that it looks like he'll be there a while longer and just a few minutes later another doctor said they were looking for a place for him.

Immediately upon hanging up Helen called. She's a bit antsy about the surgery coming up tomorrow. She seems to think she'll have her kidney removed one day and go home the next. I told her that it wasn't quite like having a tooth pulled, it might take a few days in the hospital before she got to go home. Bless her heart! 82 is awfully old for this!

While I was on the phone with Helen I walked through the house and took everything off the walls. Didn't realize just how much I had up! I completely filled the back seat of the car with wall stuff!

Then I bathed Shirley and stripped the bed and threw the sheets in the washer (I'd already taken all of the linens to the new house).

Then, I took the car load to "the house" and unloaded...there was a large hook type hanger still on the wall in the living room, so I did actually hang one large picture!

After emptying the car I headed out to the humane society to attend my first meeting...the third Monday of each month. What a good group of people! I'm glad I joined! I'll be helping with the news letter and they mentioned several other things I can do. I told them about moving and that I'd like to wait until all that's done to really get my feet wet. Anyhoo...one of the members of the board (a local lawyer, his wife is also on the board) asked if I needed any help with my move and of course, I said yes. He has trucks and helpers and they are going to move my big stuff on the 11th! Thank goodness!

Got home, put sheets in the dryer, showered, made the bed and was ready to collapse when the phone rang...my son! Had a long chat with him and then a glass of milk and piece of coconut cake and went to bed.

This morning I feel like I didn't get any rest...boy am I pooped! and in a few minutes it's off to work again! Wow!

No comments: