Friday, June 10, 2005

George

George died yesterday. He was truly a loved cat. He was almost 17. The last six months of his life were less than ideal, but the first 16 were grand! He'll be missed...he was Mike's best "bud"...and he and I both loved him very much.

I talked with Mike this afternoon. They still don't have a handle on just what's going on with him. They are talking of perhaps doing another surgery. He's in good spirits, sounds good and thinks he's being taken very good of. I know the hospital and the doctors and I agree with him.

This is very early in the hurricane season for a named storm, but we have one! After going through 3 extremely bad hurricanes in central Florida just 9 months ago, I'm really not relishing what tomorrow may bring with this one. North Florida (where I am now) was impacted by Ivan last year and you can still see his results.

I have canned goods, water, flashlights and batteries...and a full tank of gas in the car if need be...should be good to go...it's just sorta scary doing it alone.

No comments: