Tuesday, June 07, 2005

When it rains...

When it rains it pours! Isn't that the way it goes?

The nursing home still hasn't found Mike's things. How stupid can they be? He keeps thinking they will find it, I wonder. Yesterday I sent him a package with still another pair of glasses, books, magazines, snacks and a bunch of little things that may make him more comfortable. I need to get a clothes package together for him and some shoes. He has an appointment with the ORMC clinic today. I hope they'll get him there...he missed his last appointment there because the dumb nursing home didn't arrange transportation. He said on Sunday that he was going to verify transportation on Monday. I hope he remembered to do it.

I went by the Humane Society after work yesterday to make sure I could find it as a meeting was to be at 7 o'clock and I wanted to attend...was told that they were under quarantine because of parvo (have lost 12 dogs to date) and wouldn't be meeting...next meeting is scheduled for the 3rd Monday this month.

Drove by the house and they were in the process of pouring the driveway, 2 hours later we had one of the worse storms we've had...wonder how the driveway held up? I'll go by after work today.

When I got home I used vice grips and opened the hood of the car (had to check the oil level), well, when I was finished, the damn hood wouldn't close. Now I don't know what to do...it goes down, just won't latch...sticks up and you can tell it's open. DAMN IT!!!!!

No comments: