Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's just the pits!

I called the nursing home when I came home for lunch today and talked with someone in the office. I told her about them misplacing all of Mike's things the last time he went to the hospital and that no one seemed to be able to find them...she said she would take it on as a personal project and find his things. Then I told her about the package I sent on Monday and she said, "Oh yes, it's here, I was in the mail room earlier and saw it", well, I said I was worried that it would be lost like his other things and she said that as soon as we got off of the phone she'd go get it and keep it in her office. I felt a lot better after talking with her. I believed her.

Talked with Mike when I got home from work. He told me last night that they were planning to do a CAT scan today...they did, at 1:30 this morning! They found 3 pockets of infection. They had also gotten back his blood work and he has two bacterial infections in his blood stream, he didn't know what they are and didn't know what their plan of action is. He did say they mentioned taking him back to ORMC. I worry about how much more he can stand...he's so weak and is in considerable pain. It's all just the pits!

Prent called me this morning. It's been a couple of weeks since we've talked and I depend on his calls so much. It was like medicine for me to talk with him.

Helen called tonight. I love her like a mother and worry so much about her. She has been such a good friend for so many years. I hate not being there for her now while she's going through so much. I worry about her and very selfishly worry about losing her.

I wish I could cry.

No comments: