Monday, September 20, 2004

What else is new?

Thursday Mike's going in for a colonoscopy(sp?). I think this will be his fourth in about 6 years. Starting today he's on a low fiber, low fat diet...very restrictive, things like no soup sorta throw me. No red meats, no red dyes, no whole grains, no dairy...that sort of thing.

The one thing that he can have (and is looking forward to) is turkey. I really missed the boat on this one, should have gotten the turkey last week, instead of yesterday. The smallest I could find is 13 pounds and frozen solid. Against all rules, I left it out until this morning and I could actually move the skin on the beast. So now it's in my canning kettle in a brine in the refrigerator in the garage. I should be able to cook it tomorrow.

The weather this past weekend was GLORIOUS!! Mid 80's, low humidity, clear skys and breezy! I had to put on a sweater to sit in the front yard late in the afternoon yesterday! It felt like FALL!!!! At least fall as we know it here in Central Florida. Today is cloudy, cool and rather rainy. They say this rain is from Ivan...I guess he came back around to say Hi since he missed us the first go round! There are actually 4 tropical thingys out there right now...I refuse to think about it! I'm done with tropical thingys!

No comments: