Thursday, September 02, 2004

A sorta afterthought beforehand

This thought of being in the cross hairs has been with me for several days. It's not so much the idea of feeling like a target as much as the thought that we, as a whole, are missing something, something that is probable apparent. What?

We went down the street to see our neighbors, and dear friends, who have lived in their trailer for 25/30 years. She said to me tonight, "Just because I hate it so much, doesn't mean that I want it destroyed...this has been our home since the boys can remember...everything I love is here. (We have been assured by the powers that be that all mobile homes will be destroyed by Frances...we have nothing else to go on)... two days from now we'll know first hand.

This anticipation is KILLER!!!!!!

Their oldest son stays in an EconoLodge not far from here. That's where they outlasted Charley. Right before we went down there tonight they got a call from this son. It seems the owner/manager of the motel asked him what he planned to do for the storm...he said he was staying there, the fellow said oh, no, when anyone moves out we don't rent it...I think if the place is empty he can go home and tend to what is going on there! So Linda is kinda worried about staying there. We extended our dirty little concret block house as refuge for Charley...they went to EconoLodge...once more I extended the shelter of our dirty little, animal ridden house...we'll see.

Well, drat, I've forgotten what my original thought for this posting was...oh well, I do believe my brain is stressed, I know I am!

No comments: