Saturday, September 04, 2004

Tick, tick, tick

It's not yet 2:30 pm and the winds are awesome! The rain is coming in spits and starts...nothing steady yet. The winds, however, really seem to mean business...they've ripped a good chunk of the porch roof's coverings off and topped a nice Popler just across the way. I went out front a while ago, sat on the trunk of my car and smoked a cigarette. There was not another person in sight or within hearing range, no vehicle noise, nuttin! Very eery!!

TV says that Osceola county to the south of us is already having power outages...bless their hearts, they only got power back in some areas there this week.

I called my aunt and uncle on Merritte Island a little while ago. They are 75'ish and 79 years old and have refused to evacuate. They are quite unconcerned.

I need to go make brownies.

No comments: