Saturday, September 11, 2004

Cannon balling cat

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I've had the garden tub in the large bathroom filled with water for a week or so. At 7:00 this morning I heard a huge splash and scrabbling...then dead silence. Mercy had tried to walk on water...and she was no where to be found! She finally turned up hidden in the living room and a pitiful sight she was! The only part of her that was dry was her head! Sooooo, I chased her through the house with a towel for an hour or so and she finally dried off. Towels work so well, 'though I never actually touched her with it!

The newscasters are no longer saying "if you lose your power", it's "when you lose your power".

We worked last night, but don't anticipate more work until next Thursday, perhaps.

The jerky's going to be good.

I got gas on the way to work last night, but had to stop at several stations to find it. The governor is saying there'll be no gas shortage, but there certainly is! Stores are stripped...I'd like to get more batteries and something from the liquor store...we'll see.

As before with Charley and Frances, this "wait and see" phase is awfully difficult to deal with...while chasing Mercy this morning I had a good cry...killed two birds with one stone, so to speak!

The numbness makes it sorta hard to post...everything I think of to write sounds so trite and self centered and stupid and dumb and insignificant and little and redundant and..........ad nauseum.

No comments: