Sunday, September 05, 2004

We're still here

I just came in from out back. The winds are very strong and the rain is blowing side ways! It's much too stormy for me to do anything other than pull the sliding glass door shut and stand with my back pressed against it when I do go out. The full force of whatever we're to get is expected around 8:00am today and will be with us for 9-12 hours. We are so fortunate that the storm went south of its projected path, what we'll be getting will be about 20 mph slower than what we got with Charley, of course, for a much longer period of time.

We still have power.

The brownies got me through the night!

2 comments:

prentice said...

I'm glad y'all made it through the night. The next six hours should be fine.

I just got another houseguest, but this one I invited. Deer season opened yesterday (Bow season) and John wants to camp out in the teepee for a week to hunt the hills behind the house. I saw a bear in the yard last week, and plenty of elk and whitetail deer. The mule deer are being slightly more invasive, but I've seen two in the yard.

The fat, invasive 55+ women left today. My ploy of parading around naked worked. They were startled and stunned. One asked "What are you doing?!" and I responded that I'm ready to live like I live (again). They made like a baby and headed out like a scalded cat. I'm sorry to be rude, but house guests and fish start to smell after 3 days and they'd been here for seven.

Love you, jane, and slap Mike upside the back of the head for me. Just kidding, I love you both. Take care,

prentice

prentice said...

I tried to say in my previous comment that mule deer have been more E-vasive, not invasive. Sorry for the typo.

Love,
Prentice