Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Well, I've always loved a good storm and it looks as if we're going to get a doozy come Friday. The projected path of Charlie as of 11am today puts it just to the west of Orlando around noon on Friday. The radio said that being on the eastern side of the hurricane is not the place we want to be...we'll get squalls & stuff! I went to Big Lots a while ago and stocked up on water and a few canned goods that can be eaten cold if we have to. I've got more candles than most candle shops and several lanterns & oil and we do have an emergency radio/light/fan. Plenty of cat food, too.

Yesterday was a day of fury! I went to get my tag renewed and found out that we didn't have car insurance and hadn't since April!!!!! The last thing I said to Mike before I left was "and everythings in order, we have insurance?". Sooooo, when I got home and told him about the insurance he hollered and yelled both at me and at the insurance company for not letting him know...he knew! Mush brain syndrome again! Anyhoo, he called the insurance company, made a phone payment and they sent new insurance cards via e-mail which he printed and gave me mine and off I went again to the tag office...I really guess it was my fault for not checking it out, but the insurance didn't become effective until today. I spent the entire morning yesterday at the tag office & ended up without a tag. I did get it today. There! I feel better now, venting helps!

Son called yesterday. I ache for him. I wish there were something I could do to help him through this rough time, but breaking up with someone is such a personal thing, and painful, especially when it isn't your idea.

Tonight will actually be my third night to work this week! Thank goodness! Starting next Tuesday I'm going to be trained to moderate some of the focus group sessions. They gave me paper work to bring home for "home work"...it's much more involved than I thought it'd be. Should be fun. I'll be getting home later than I do now.

Oh, Mike found out that his drivers license had been cancelled when the insurance was cancelled. He's been driving since April unlicensed! Not good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom!
A hurricane party sounds sorta fun. The rest of it sounds like it sucks!