Thursday, August 19, 2004

Thursday is another day

I finally got the outdoor furniture out of the house, now I can vacuum. I still need to go to the grocery store and still nothing has changed in the yard.

On Mon I made a meatloaf with the thawed ground beef and the thawed sausage...just added onions and salt and pepper. Normally I add eggs and oatmeal and whatever else might be handy...not much was this time...and I usually cover it with ketchup which I'd already thrown out, so I topped it with Italian dressing wrapped it in heavy foil and cooked it on the charcoal grill. It turned out pretty good, a little dry. I put it in the cooler and then when the power came back it went into the fridge. Last night I chopped the meatloaf rather finely in the food processor and made spaghetti sauce...it was fantastic!

Lugged a bunch of bashed and broken stuff to the front curb (via the house) this morning. We have had regular garbage pick up! They haven't begun to pick up the storm debris yet.

The only day we were without mail service was Saturday.

The power keeps going off and on...I figure they are having to cut it off to join other grids in...sounds good to me. There are still over 100,000 people in Orange county without power!

A neighbor called me on her cell phone this morning. They lost phone service on Friday and still haven't gotten it back.

The birds are back in force and well as squirrels and rats. We had 2 good sized cat fish in the front ditch either Sun or Mon? Time has really changed and run together!

Still not sleeping well...went to sleep aroung midnight...up at 2:45 this am...dozed off around 5:00...got up for good at 5:45.

Things I wish I'd had for the storm and for afterwards: more batteries, more heavy duty foil, more yard trash bags, OFF, different food stuff (still thinking about this one), a group of young strong men (preferably armed with chain saws!)...other things I've thought of, but don't remember now.

No comments: