Thursday, August 05, 2004

Odds & ends

I am truly surprised that I am posting twice in one afternoon! But here goes!


I called work a little after 2:00 this afternoon & got a machine...left word inquiring about work. Stockton, the owner of the company & a very nice young man (has a 3 yr old son), called back around 2:30 to let me know that there's no work tonight or tomorrow night, but we would be starting a new study (for sure) on Monday. It would have been so much more pleasant if we all had known this when we left work Tuesday night! He did say that if I wanted to come in tomorrow after 2:00pm I could pick up a check...you can bet your sweet bippy that I'll be there!

I had the oddest little accident a few days ago. I was putting laundry away & I had 2 or 3 folded t-shirts that I was holding under my chin so I could use both hands to open the drawer and I whacked the stew out of my forehead when I bent down to open it! That about knocked the pea turkey out of me! I sat down for a couple of minutes and it's still a little sore today!

We'll have leftover meatloaf and salad tonight. I made a little salad last night with avocado, onion & cucumber that I dressed with a Vidalia Onion and Lime vinaigrette that's made with fresh lime juice added to store-bought Vidalia Onion salad dressing...I usually add a little garlic and a little black pepper and shake it all together in a jar. Yummy! I may slice a tomato and an avocado tonight 'cause I'd hate to loose them.

I'll probably not do this again today, but I sure can see how it could become habit forming! It's funny, keeping a journal never felt very compulsive to me...this does!


No comments: