Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Country Breakfast

There's something to be said for getting up at 4:45 in the morning! Breakfast! I've just finished eating buttermilk biscuits, country ham (cured in NC) and a perfect fried egg all cooked by these little typing fingers in my very own kitchen! Rounded out with a cup of awfully good coffee, this has got to be one of the best meals I've had in a while! Yummy!

I also had time to put a turkey breast in the crock pot with baby carrots, celery, onions and a million cloves of garlic. Supper will be almost ready when I get home, just need to cook a pot of rice and it's done!

My baby sister will be 57 tomorrow. Seems like it was only yesterday that we were at camp and she asked me to cut her hair off and glue some to her upper lip so she could be a pirate for a party. Thought Mother would kill me when they came to pick us up! We're going to the coast for seafood on Saturday to celebrate.

I was given a project at work a week ago today. I was to take our availability listing and add botanical names to all of the common plant names. Got it all in the computer yesterday, so now it's only a matter of sorting and printing. Looks good. Feels good too!

Sure do like my job! Gotta get ready to go.

1 comment:

prentice said...

Hey,
Are you and your B.S. coming down to Apalachicola Saturday? I'd love to see y'all!!
pst